Behind the Scenes + Best of the Month #2
Behind the Scenes + Best of the Month is your resource for the top social media and business articles around the web. Each month I'll highlight my favorite web articles, as well as give you an insight into my life behind-the-scenes.
With the blink of an eye, it's mid-March! How did that happen? The first quarter of 2017 has been an exciting one:
- I officially launched this business
- Spent a couple of weekends traveling, including our most recent long-weekend in New York City
- Launched The Instagram Guide for Boosting Your Business
With New Projects Come (a bit of) Stress
Staying busy has its pros and cons. Growing this business has been incredible, but it takes a lot of time. If I'm not at my day job, I'm working on business development. Traveling on the weekends allows me to unwind, but there are a lot of tasks to come home to. Creating an e-guide was time-consuming, yet rewarding. How does one stay sane and level-headed with incoming projects?!
3 Ways to Find Stress Relief While Growing Your Business
- Acknowledge the Stressors: growing a business will hardly be easy. Late nights, feelings of overwhelm, and lengthy to-do lists are the reality of being a business owner...at least starting out ;-). Acknowledging that yes, you have stressors, is the first component of finding stress relief. No use in pretending we don't, right?
- Label Your Priorities: once you've established your good and bad stressors, make a list of priorities - the things that need to be taken care of ASAP, versus the things that can wait a bit. I like labeling my tasks in the following manner: Important/Urgent (IU), Important/Non-urgent (INU), Not-important/Urgent (NIU), or Not-important/Non-urgent (NINU). I can quickly see what needs to be done, while everything else goes further down the priority list. This will almost always calm my stress levels!
- Connect With Your Support Group: whether it's a Facebook group, friend, spouse, or significant other - find support, and don't be afraid to lean on it! My support group consists of close friends, family, and a business group on Facebook. They're there when I need to vent, want another pair of eyes to proofread my work, or need extra perspective on decisions.
Are there other ways to find stress relief? Sure! Finding what works best for YOU is crucial to keep your business moving forward. But in my experience, starting with the above three steps helps me take deep breaths and settle into work mode. Self-care comes after that: exercise, unplugging for a bit, socializing, or watching some episodes of Shark Tank.
Best of the Month (Around the Web)
Ready for my favorite articles of this past month? Check out the list below, and make sure to check out The Instagram Guide for Boosting Your Business (below)!